Sexual intimacy is a beautiful part of the human experience, helping us feel a sense of pleasure and connection in our relationships. However, when a person obsesses over sexual behaviors as a way to escape painful emotions or circumstances, healthy behavior can quickly develop into sexual addiction or compulsion.
Technology such as smart phones can also provide accessibility and virtual anonymity for someone prone to this type of problematic behavior.
If you or someone you care about is struggling with pornography or sexual addiction, we can help.You may consider seeking help if you answer positively to any one of the following questions:
- Preoccupation – Do you find yourself fantasizing, daydreaming, or ruminating about sexual images or experiences?
- Ashamed – Do you compartmentalize or hide some or all of your sexual behavior from others?
- Treatment – Have you ever sought help for sexual behavior you did not like?
- Hurt others – Has anyone been hurt emotionally, physically, or psychologically because of your sexual behavior?
- Out of control – Do you feel controlled by your sexual behavior?
- Sad – When you view pornography or engage in other sexual behaviors, do you feel depressed afterwards?
Here at i360, we have trained professionals that can help with the issue of sexual addiction and/or any co-occurring mental health issues. There is hope for healing and restored relationships.